Are you looking for a new driveway or patio to complete your home? Have you installed double glazing, covered the rotten wooden cladding with uPVC, but have existing paving that detracts from your property? If so, you are in the right place. CDS Warwickshire has over twenty years’ experience in designing and installing high-quality concrete driveways and patios. We have witnessed the developments in technology from more permeable block pavers to decorative imprinted concrete. At each new stage, we have been at the forefront of change to provide our customers with the broadest choice. In this article, we will look at the benefits that block paving and imprinted concrete can make to your home or business.
Block paving is a common sight in Coventry city centre and other cities across the UK. Its widespread use is due to several factors:
- It is composed of concrete, sand and granite, and is incredibly durable. It is used in areas with large amounts of footfall and even on some roads, so it has to be able to endure massive weight and pressure.
- It lessens the impact of standing water during heavy rain because of its porous nature. With asphalt, water tends to pool, but block pavers allow the water to seep into the sub-base.
- It requires very little maintenance. It is resistant to most chemicals and oils and can be cleaned easily with soap and warm water. They are also simple to replace in the event of damage.
Block paving styles and patterns
Our block pavers are available in two distinct forms: standard pavers and tumbled paving blocks. The standard pavers are notable for their longevity. Composed of concrete or clay, they are available in a variety of colours, but their quality derives from their strength. They are exemplary for driveways or car parks that will experience high-volume traffic. Tumbler pavers perhaps offer a more polished appearance, uniquely suited for patios. These blocks undergo a specialist treatment to create a rustic aspect perfect for completing the classic family garden.
There are several common patterns used when laying block paving: Herringbone, Basket Weave and Stretcher Bond. The Herringbone style is available in a forty-five or ninety-degree angle pattern. A forty-five-degree installation is one of the most complicated designs to lay, but also one of the most spectacular. The Basket Weave and Stretcher Bond styles are simple to achieve and work beautifully with long, straight driveways.
Imprinted concrete isn’t just a slab of concrete; it can have a transformative impact on any business front, domestic driveway or patio. It is an incredibly flexible method of creating a driveway thanks to its diverse patterns and colours. You may have noticed some bespoke designs around Coventry suburbs. Imprinted concrete is becoming increasingly common for several reasons:
- It seldom requires any maintenance because of its impermeable nature. As a solid slab of concrete, weeds are unable to penetrate the surface.
- It is highly durable and will last approximately twenty to twenty-five years. It’s advisable to have the surface resealed every three to five years.
- The options for patterns and colour combinations are almost limitless. Two-tone distressed finishes and other popular designs such as York Stone and London Cobbles can rejuvenate drab-looking exteriors.
Thanks to its sheer versatility, we can create a bespoke look on any property utilising imprinted concrete. If you have a concept that you would like to see brought to life, working with our skilled team can help achieve your vision. With hand-painted techniques, acid staining and colour use, we can create a driveway or patio that will resemble no other.
The right choice for driveways and patios
We are a family run business that has been installing patios and driveways in the Coventry area for over twenty years. We practice an ethos of total customer focus and place integrity and honesty above all other qualities.
All of the work we undertake is carried out solely by ourselves and never with the use of sub-contractors. Our highly-skilled team maintain a consistent quality that is second to none. They are renowned locally for their specialism with imprinted concrete design and installation. If you are in the market for a new driveway and want to increase your curb appeal, contact our professional and friendly team for a quote.